

I love taking my work outs outdoors any chance I can get! If you are looking for a challenge both in endurance and conditioning try using the local track, bleachers or stairs. Who ever said you can't get in a great leg wokout without weights is CRAZY! I have been working out at the stairs once a week all summer long and am amazed by how hard I push myelf and how I have taken my workouts to another level. I promise not only will you burn some serious calories but you will feel energized and ready for more. Remember working out does not have to follow the same old routine day after day! Experience new things and push yourself to try new challenges. Who knows where it will take you.
Here is a sample work out you can do at your local track. Once you have done this you will understand why I call it extreme legs!! Enjoy:)
Bleachers - Run up and down the bleachers or stairs at least 50+steps 2X. Then run up and down the bleachers, stopping at the top for 10 push ups and 20 calf raises. Do this 2X.
Plies - plies with weight above your head for 20 seconds, hold it down for 10 seconds, then while holding it down bring both heels up so you are up on toes for 10 counts. Repeat this pattern for 3 minutes.
Walking Lunges around the track for 3 minutes.
Bicep curls - With the bar or band, do single bicep curls all the way up and down for 30 seconds, all the way up and half way down for 30 seconds, then all the way down and half way up for 30 seconds. Calf raises on the bench or bleachers for 30 seconds. Repeat this for 3 mintues.
Lunge up the bleachers, pop squats up the bleachers and skaters up the bleachers. Complete each exercise 1X through and run down the bleachers immediately after each.
On the track - 1 lap of high knees, 1 lap of hamstrings, or butt kicks, and 1 lap of grapevine.
Tricep dips on bleachers for 30 seconds, tri-cep push ups on bleachers for 30 seconds, triceps overhead extension with the bar or band for 30 seconds. Repeat for 3 minutes.
Run up and down the bleachers for 3 minutes, stopping at the bottom of each set for 20 pop squats, 20 duck walks, 20 traveling lateral squats the goal is to get through 3 sets in 3 minutes!
Cool it down with a walk around the track and finish off with abs.
No comments:
Post a Comment