
Do you crave pasta? Do you wish you could enjoy spaghetti with out all the calories, fat and carbs? Well now you can and who would have thought spaghetti would be this good made mostly from veg tables! I apologize about the photo not looking so appealing, but I never claimed to be a photographer. Trust me on this one it will become one of your top favorites.
Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
1 medium spaghetti squash about 2lbs
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 c diced onion
1 medium spaghetti squash about 2lbs
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 c diced onion
1 c diced peppers
1 4 0z can no salt added mushrooms *optional
1 lb extra lean ground turkey or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar of Ragu low sugar spaghetti sauce
Cut spaghetti squash in half and place face down on plate and cover with saran wrap. Microwave for about 8-10 min until fork presses in easily. While squash is cooking, in a large skilled add oil, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sauté until tender, add turkey or chicken and cook into crumbles. Next add in spaghetti sauce and heat thorough. To serve, use a fork to scrape spaghetti squash out of it’s shell and pour meat mixture over it. Serves 4 and approx 440 calories for each serving, 10 g fat, 740 mg sodium, 43 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 44 g protein
1 lb extra lean ground turkey or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar of Ragu low sugar spaghetti sauce
Cut spaghetti squash in half and place face down on plate and cover with saran wrap. Microwave for about 8-10 min until fork presses in easily. While squash is cooking, in a large skilled add oil, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sauté until tender, add turkey or chicken and cook into crumbles. Next add in spaghetti sauce and heat thorough. To serve, use a fork to scrape spaghetti squash out of it’s shell and pour meat mixture over it. Serves 4 and approx 440 calories for each serving, 10 g fat, 740 mg sodium, 43 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 44 g protein
This original recipe was made before I became a Vegetarian. I still eat this amazing recipe, but the ingredient list has been altered some. Instead of turkey or chicken I replace with Morningstar's Beef Crumbles to make a meat sauce or even tofu.
ReplyDeleteInstead of using olive oil, I use Pam to saute the peppers and onions with fresh mushrooms rather than can.
Additionally I make my own sauce using 1 4oz can of no salt added tomato sauce and 1 14oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes (oregano & basil) blend and add in a few sprinkles of Mrs. Dash Italian blend to the sauce. I cook the sauce while the squash is in the mircrowave & in another pan saute veggies and meatless crumbles before adding to sauce! Now you have a healthier version to this original recipe and it's vegetarian:)