Thursday, March 4, 2010

You Can Compete Without Breaking The Bank


Today I am finally stepping on stage at the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, OH. There are so many amazing emotions going through my mind right now it is hard to articulate them all. Most of all I am feeling rested, happy & so excited for tonight! Really I think so much of my feelings have to do with the beautiful sunshine here in Columbus, OH. For the first time in over a month it is a beautiful sunny day! I am not sure if this has anything to do with how the day will turn out, but I have to say it's true what they say about the weather and your mood because I am on could 9. If it's the sun or just the sheer joy I have in being able to feel confident in everything I am bringing to the stage tonight, it sure feels incredible!

The one topic that is on so many competitors mind or new athletes to the sport is can I afford to do all this? My answer to this is simple...it's what you do or make of it that can make or break the bank. The biggest expense most competitors have besides trainers, supplements and travel expenses are the competition suits. Some designers can charge anywhere from $300-$2,000 for a suit. It depends on what you are looking for in style and which designer you choose. Be wary of designers who will take advantage of you by giving you an over priced suit just because of a name! My competition suit I will be wearing tonight was made by Suits By Amy and I can not say enough great things about Amy! She worked within my budget, designed a unique suit just for me & gave me a suit that not only looks great on me, but looks like I spent so much more for it! I can't wait to publish my competition photos to not only show off my hard work in my physique, but also the most beautiful suit I have worn on stage that was made just for me! Truly a talented designer who will not take advantage of you and is amazing at communication along the way, even when the suit gets lost in the mail(thanks Amy for dealing with my panic attack when this happened)!

So when the lights go out ask yourself was all the money invested worth it and did it make me feel any better about myself and what I have accomplished? This is the time to evaluate the process and decide if spending the extra money on things like unnecessary supplements or overpriced suits, to trainers taking advantage of you. When you take the time to talk with others backstage, track your progress and become confident in your results then this is when you can say it was worth the time, investment, sweat, tears and commitment. I can already say it was worth every bit of my investment from money, time, and commitment because I am so proud of my changes and progress before stepping on stage!

Best of Luck to all the hard working, dedicated and amazing competitors tonight! We all have done incredible things in our lives to get where we are today. It's going to be an amazing night.

For more information on Suits By Amy please visit her website: http://www.suitsbyamy.com/
*by the way I was not paid or sponsored by Amy, I just found her through competing & went to her website & loved what I had to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment